Monday, February 16, 2015

Chicken and spinach Quesadilla


For the last few years I have been celebrating and hosting Newyear party at my place with my friends and the last two year happened to be with my bloggers gals. It was a potluck party this year and we all decided to try something new. After a bit of brain storming Suchi suggested Mexican and we all nodded and agreed. Till then I have only eaten Mexican and was not a big fan too.  It was a total experiment and I couldn’t wait to find out the outcome. I prepared Mexican rice and some Mexican Buffalo wings, Suchi got some pork stew and Nachos and Nisha got us this chicken quesadilla and Tresleche cake. Unlike Indian food I didn’t have to spend hours in Kitchen to whip up those two things. That was the same case with others too. Our Mexican themed party was a success in every way and my liking and outlook towards Mexican food changed. The fact that it only takes less time to make them was the best part for me. I have been making Mexican a lot ever since and this Quesadilla is our favourite now. This recipe is from Nisha, I have only changed the spice powder used. Do try this to fix a quick dinner on a lazy day.

Ingredients
Tortilla wraps – 10
Chicken thighs (boneless) – 500 gm (cut into small pieces)
Spinach – 200 gm
Onion (chopped) – 1 medium
Mexican cheese (grated) – 150 gm (I used Cheddar cheese with jalapeno pepper)
Garlic – 2 cloves (minced)
Fajita mix – 1 packet or 4 tbsp (replace with some chicken masala if you don’t get it)

Method
  • Marinate the chicken with Fajita mix for 30 mins.
  • In a pan add some oil and sauté onions until soft
  • Add minced garlic and fry until raw smell goes.
  • Add Chicken and spinach and cook until chicken is cooked. It should be dry.
  • Place the tortilla wrap on a pan and spread the chicken on top of it.
  • Sprinkle some cheese on top and place another wrap on top of it. Cheese will melt and the wraps will stick to each other. Flip it once until the wraps are slightly brown and crispy.
  • Transfer it into a plate and cut into four slices. Serve hot.

 

6 comments:

KitchenKarma said...

You are on the roll girl! Good going :-)

FLAVZCORNER said...

Quesadillas are my easy to go resort on busy days. I always keep Mexican cheese blend in my refrigerator and makes them with whatever I have in my refrigerator. I even use the Keema and it comes out good with some Indian touch :)

Lincyscookart said...

These Quesadillas looks super yum. With the chicken thigh meat the wraps tastes irresistible.

Hamaree Rasoi said...

Lovely looking and mouthwatering to look at chicken and spinach quasadillas. take a bow.
Deepa

Rafeeda AR said...

This looks super yum... looks easy to make too...

suja md said...

Super yum..wish to finish off the entire quesadillas by myself :)