Thursday, May 17, 2012

A Birthday Cake !

P1020059


My close friends lil baby boy turned 1 couple of weeks before and I made this birthday cake for him.I baked three vanilla sponge in 11 "9 inch pan to serve 20 people.The filling was chocolate ganache in one layer and vanilla buttercream in the second layer.I covered the top layer with fondant after spreading a thin layer of vanilla buttercream on the cake.I made the teddy, ball and the duck with fondant adding a pinch of cmc to fondant .If you add more cmc the figurines will dry and become hard and it will be not good for eating.

Since it was my first attempt on big cake I panicked a bit when I ran out of time.I made a mistake by doing all the filling and decoration the same day of party to avoid keeping the cake in the fridge,but I was wrong,You should always plan ahead and do atleast half of the job a day ahead.I had some more ideas like some building blocks or alpha blocks and a simple choo choo train,and some spots or patterns to fill the white space,but I didnt get time to do any of that.

22 comments:

Unknown said...

Though you don't have time, this cake looks super and perfect. Very appealing colour too. Good try. Keep going..

Reshmi Mahesh said...

Wow..This looks beautiful...Lovely figures too...Great job..

hotpotcooking said...

WOW!! Perfect one. I love those cute duck and ball. I thought it was a toy. Good work.

Julie said...

Fabulous cake,good artistic work..Loved it!!

Join me(Erivum Puliyum)
in the following ongoing events-
Show me Your HITS -Iron Rich Foods
EP Series-Ginger or Pepper Corns

Only Fish Recipes said...

wow...what a fabulous cake...it looks perfect dear....lovely figures too...great job !!!!!

Priya Suresh said...

Very impressive and gorgeous cake.

Hema said...

The fondant figures look very cute..

Treat and Trick said...

It looks fabulous!

Tina said...

Ithuvare enikonnu undakkan patiyitilla..Looks beautiful ..

Suja Manoj said...

Great job dear,looks so cute and love the color.

Jayanthy Kumaran said...

awesome...love d perfection
Tasty Appetite

Faseela said...

awesome cake....

Purabi Naha said...

OMG! This looks wonderful. The colour is soothing and it has a touch of warmth and love, which is apparent even in this photograph. God bless your family!

Sobha Shyam said...

fabulous cake dear..looks so perfect :)

Unknown said...

i love this cake.. u have a lovely blog.. happy to follow you.. do stop by mine sometime..

http://jopreet.blogspot.com/

kala said...

looks so appealinggg...

Akila said...

Very nice cake actually

Manju @ Manjus Eating Delights said...

Cake looks simply awesome dear....I'm also thinking of what to make for my son's first Bday coming up in July.

Great job on the fondant characters, I totally lack that skill.

Check out my Fondant Crib Cake when time permits.

Regards,
Manju
http://manjuseatingdelights.blogspot.com

KitchenKarma said...

Lovely cake, if you had not explained about your panic, I couldn't have guessed about it...did you go to Venice?

Subhie Arun said...

lovely n perfect one....
http://subhieskitchen.blogspot.co.uk/

PrathibhaSreejith said...

wow, perfect and awesome. You have done a great job Vini.
Just came in to check on you since its been a while I got any updates from ur space. Hope all is well :)

Achu's Amma's Kitchen said...

super cake perfectly done